Mental Health Nurse/Practitioner
Flint House, Goring-on-Thames
The Police Rehabilitation Centre, a charity for the rehabilitation of ill/injured serving and retired police officers, suffering from a wide variety of physical and mental health conditions, is looking to recruit a Mental Health Practitioner. The Centre is set in a stunning rural location near Goring-on-Thames.
We are looking for a skilled facilitator to join our small team that provides evidence based low intensity interventions on a group and individual basis to patients attending our programme. Main responsibilities will include supporting the daily delivery of the two week residential programme, facilitating daily education and discussion groups and promoting the use of guided self-help interventions. The post holder will have a small caseload of patients and be part of an out of hours on-call rota.
The successful candidate will have a mental health qualification with group facilitation skills and be willing to be DBS checked. They will be an excellent communicator, friendly, enthusiastic, flexible and enjoy working as part of a team.
Own transport is essential as no public transport nearby.
Benefits include a 10% non-contributory pension scheme and use of leisure facilities.
Goring on Thames
£12.15 per hour
The Police Rehabilitation Centre (Flint House) is a registered Charity offering rehabilitation services to ill or injured serving and retired police officers suffering from a wide variety of physical and mental health conditions. The Centre, located in Goring on Thames, is stunning. Set in 20 acres of ancient woodland there are two main buildings – Flint House and Flint Fold.
We are currently looking to recruit an additional Security Officer to join our small, close-knit team of dedicated professionals. It is a role covering a single-site where regular patrolling of the extensive grounds is an essential requirement. We provide a 365-day Security service.For this role, flexibility is key as you will work under an annualised hours contract. All shifts will be either evenings or nights.
Hours of Work:
You will work an average of 17 hours per week, made up of
- Friday 12.00 midnight – Saturday 8.00am and Saturday midnight – Sunday 8.00am every other weekend and
- Evening or night shifts during the week to cover holidays and sickness of other team members
You will be responsible for:
- Presenting at all times, a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence to our patients
- Carrying out both internal and external patrols to check the security of buildings, grounds, property and patients
- Access and egress control
- Monitoring alarm and communication systems and taking action as required
- Monitoring all internal and external CCTV cameras
- Reception duties including taking and transferring internal calls and messages, general portering duties, booking visitors in and out, and assisting patients as required
- Driving the minibus for the evening taxi service, taking patients to and from Goring
- Assisting bar staff to count, record and lock away each day’s takings
- Conducting shift handover procedures to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service, customer care and incident management continuity
- Supporting the nursing and administration staff
- Have a current D1 driving licence
- Have excellent customer facing skills
- Be competent in the use of computer and monitoring equipment
- Possess clear and effective verbal and written communication skills together with a strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to think on your feet and react to circumstances in an appropriate manner
- Have your own transport as there is no public transport nearby
Previous Security experience is desirable.
Regular training is provided, for example
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- First Aid (to include Workplace Resuscitation Training)
This is essential training that you will be required to attend. Payment will be made if it takes place outside of your rostered shift.
Pay & Benefits:
- £12.15 per hour
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme
- 36 days holiday including Bank Holidays, pro-rated for part time work. This accrues with service
- Free parking on site
- Meal whilst on duty
- Use of gym and pool facilities
- Some uniform
Closing date: 27th August 2019